Message from the Principal:
I am very proud to announce that Tarkington High School received distinctions from TEA for Academic Achievement in Social Studies and Top 25 Percent Closing Perfomance Gaps. Tarkington High School exceeded all districts in Liberty County in Overall Student Achievement, Top 25 Percent Closing Performance Gaps and STAAR/EOC US History performance with 100% of our students passing and 37% of students achieving Level III, the most advanced level.
I would like to congratulate the THS students and faculty on this outstanding achievement and thank the Tarkington community for their continued support. We are looking forward to another record-breaking year here at THS.
See report below:
Battle of the Bell
Aug. 29 @ 7:30 pm
A.L. Nelson Stadium
***Come out and support the Longhorns as they play the Splendora Wildcats and battle to bring the bell back to THS***
7:55 am - 3:39 pm
Tutorials are available every morning from 7:30 - 7:55
Empowering students with skills to compete in an ever-evolving global community within a safe, supportive, and diverse learning environment.
Providing a premiere education that develops life-long learners who contribute positively to world-change through social and civic responsibility and are capable of leading in a global society.
* Exhibit school pride
* Fostering professional & personal growth
* Believe in all students
* Fairness, honesty and respect for all stakeholders
* Celebrate & support student success
* Promote rigorous and relevant instruction
* Expect high achievement for all
* Collaboration with all stakeholders
* Consistent & equitable classroom management
* Technological advancement and integration for all stakeholders
* Student-centric decision making
* Protection of instructional time